Contact Me for information on this retreat in Timanfaya Palace H10, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote with philosopher, writer and yogi (and now, experienced guide to magnificent more-than-human Lanzarote) Dr Lucy Weir.
I’m delighted to be able to announce a seven nights, six days Yoga and EcoPhilosophy Holiday Retreat, this time in the stunning Timanfaya Palace, an adult-only H10 hotel whose sustainability credentials include thermal solar panels, biomass boilers, and reduced plastic use.
It has Biosphere Responsibility and Gold Travel Life (environmental and social responsibility) awards and is working towards still more sustainability practices. It has beautiful rooms which can be occupied singly or shared (obviously the latter reduces your cost). The hotel is next to a beach for all you sea swimmers, and it’s about a fifteen minute walk along the promenade into Playa Blanca. It’s possible to walk to Papagayo from the hotel, which is, in my view, the most beautiful set of beaches on the island and replete with historical, cultural and ecological significance. In the other direction is the lighthouse, and behind us, it’s possible to walk up Montana Roja for fantastic views.
The island of Isla las Lobos (the Isle of the Wolves – actually named after sea lions, as were the Canaries – from canis, dog, or sea dog – which were originally so numerous here it was almost impossible to land…) is visible from the hotel as is Fuerteventura, and both can be visited on day trips. The terrace (pictured, above) is where we will practice yoga and consider one philosophical question at sunrise each day, and we will also have a late afternoon practice including asana, yoga nidra, meditation and discussion each day.
This holiday retreat includes:
- Private transfer to and from the airport in Arrecife
- Seven nights accommodation and half board in the four star Timanfaya Palace hotel
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Six sunrise yoga sessions with meditation on one philosophical question each day (1hr 15m)
- Six late afternoon yoga, meditation, yoga nidra and discussion sessions each day (1hr 15m)
- One-to-one sessions of one hour available for all participants between 11am and 1pm each day (optional)
- Workbook with philosophical questions and space for journalling
- Treatment voucher (€100) for beauty or wellness treatment of your choice in the spa
- Plenty of free time during the day to explore the island, sunbathe, relax, restore, write or paint
- Group dinner out at a local gourmet restaurant on one evening
- Quiet evenings encouraged (but not mandatory!)
Dates, Costs, Terms and Conditions: Early April 2023 (dates TBC) Arrival from 2pm
- Standard room (with balcony), half board, single occupancy: €1499
- Standard room (with balcony), half board, double or twin occupancy: €1199
In order to avail of these very competitive and limited availability rates, it is essential that a deposit is paid to secure a place on this retreat by Jan 27th 2024.
Flights from Knock are at a premium and I would suggest checking and booking those as soon as you can. Flights from Dublin and Cork are still available at reasonable rates but please check on dates.
- Deposit: €250 payable by Jan 27th 2024
- First installment: €500 payable by Feb 28th 2024
- Balance payable by March 15th 2024
Full details of retreat including terms and conditions will be sent to you on expression of interest. Contact me by email email@example.com, or by WhatsApp +353 86 128 6449.
Any questions, please get in touch!
I will also be offering online courses from January and details of these are to follow in the next few days.